Saturday, December 02, 2006

Got an interesting question from a fellow ship watcher today. I've asked the bar pilots for a reply -- will post the answer when I get it. In the meantime, if anyone can shed light on this it would be great.

Listener JoeSixPack wrote:

"There was a lot of activity on the river yesterday, and I was wondering what it was all about. My son and I were having lunch at the Wet Dog and saw the Coast Guard helo hovering very close to a ship out in the anchorage area. It spent a lot of time there, too. The same ship had what looked like a small tug on her starboard side aft. The ship seemed like she was swinging on her anchor the way they do when the tide changes, but she swung back and forth several times (through about 90 Degrees). Was she trying to work her way off a sand bar? The helicopter stayed close to the ship for quite some time. What was that all about?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home