Thursday, September 21, 2006



Welcome to the brand new Columbia River Ship Report Blog!

I created this blog to foster a positive dialogue among Ship Report listeners and all folks with an interest in nautical topics.

I'd also like to find out what you want to know about the maritime aspects of our beloved lower Columbia region.

Have a question for the Ship Report? Please post it here and I'll do my best to answer it on the air.

Looking forward to hearing from you! Questions, comments, suggestions, or just to say hi.

Joanne Rideout, Columbia River Ship Report

4 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Is there a good online place to find photographs of the ships that pass through the mouth of the Columbia? It would be a great help when "ship-spotting."
The Ship Report has always been a favorite part of my day. And KMUN is part of the reason I moved here. I dobn't know if that's a good thing or not! :o)

9/22/2006 10:49 AM  
Blogger Joanne Rideout said...

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your kind words about the Ship Report and KMUN. A couple of ideas for photos: the Ship Report Website has a Photo Gallery which is a work in progress - some photos there. My goal is to have a page for each ship type and photos. Stay tuned for that as it grows in coming weeks.

The Columbia River Bar Pilots have a great photo gallery on their site: columbiariverbarpilots.com
The Columbia River Pilots (colrip.com) have photos of upriver ports online.

If anyone else has any other online sources for local photos, please chime in!

Thanks again for posting!

9/22/2006 12:40 PM  
Anonymous JoeSixpack said...

KMUN is a fantastic station, and the Ship Report is one of the reasons why. I love your show. Keep up the good work.

10/22/2006 6:22 AM  
Blogger Joanne Rideout said...

I love the Ship Report too, which is probably one of the reasons why it works. I'm always digging around for interesting maritime things I can talk about on the air. Getting ready to do some new interviews with local mariners. Will share them as soon as they're available.

KMUN is a great station, primarily because of our great and dedicated volunteers!

They bring our listeners the majority of the programming we all hear on the air.

10/22/2006 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home